"The Magic is in our Milk"
Welcome and thank you for your interest in our artisanal cheese making classes. We look forward to sharing our passion for great cows, pure fresh milk and the taste of sumptuous homemade cheeses with you.
We will begin each class with the essential ingredients - milk, cream, culture and rennet and their roles and importance to the flavor and texture of the final cheese.These are hands- on classes, so you will experience an authentic culinary journey. From these classes you will have the knowledge to make fresh and hard cheeses at home to share with family and friends.
Please find below the classes, dates and information. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to call or email me anytime.
I look forward to sharing a day in the life of a cheese maker with you.
Bon Appetit !
1.Favorites : 1-1/2 hour Class - $95.00/person - Introduction to making Butter, Yogurt and Creme Fraiche
There is simple nothing better than cooking or baking with fresh home made butter...everything tastes pure and smooth. Just add a dollop of berries or homemade preserves to a cup of Yogurt for a healthy and refreshing treat.
2. Farmstead Fresh : 2 - 3 Hour Class - $ 159.00/person - Mozzarella & Ricotta
This is Farmstead Fresh at its best... in this class we will start by milking a cow and discuss the importance of quality milk and cream for cheesemaking and why I chose that particular cow - her nutrition, stage of lactation and pedigree, to make the fresh delicious Ricotta and Mozzarella which will be the highlight of this cheese making class. From there we'll proceed into the Creamery where we'll learn the joys of making these two fresh cheeses, including the equipment and ingredients needed. From this class you will have the knowledge, experience, recipes and the cheese you make to take home to enjoy.
3. Fromage Delight : 5 Hour Class - $ 250.00/person - Traditional Cheddar, Farmhouse Cheddar, Creme Fraiche & Ricotta
This class is for those who wish to learn more about in-depth cheese making. We'll discuss cultures, enzymes, the cheddar process, affinage, the complex flavors of cheddars, the delectable Creme Fraiche and how to make delicious Ricotta.
4. Private Class: For One or up to Five Guests - $1,899.00 - Full Day
A private full day farm/cheesemaking class for one or up to five from the same party. Call for all the details of this very special one of a kind day.
Cheese Making Class Information:
1. All classes are held througout the year from January 15 - October 1
2. Please wear a comfortable pair of shoes which you don't mind washing off or getting wet during the cheese making process
3. Aprons and chefs hats will be provided for during the class for each individual
4. If you have a gift certificate for a class, simply email or call me to set up the time/date for a class
5. Class schedules are listed online at www.milkhouechocolates.net
To reserve and purchase a class click here:
Cheese & Butter Class
Cheddar with Friends Class
As the classes fill up quickly, register online at www.milkhousechocolates.net